The members of the Choir are keen amateur singers from Great Missenden and the surrounding area. The Music Director is Alex Flood and the rehearsal accompanist Michael McMillan. The Choir is accompanied in most concerts by the St John’s Chamber Orchestra.
Our concert programmes are varied; in recent years they have included:
- Andrew Gant: PsalmWorld (a UK premiere)
- Jonathan Rathbone: Christmas Truce
- Bach: B minor Mass
- Mozart: Requiem
- Howard Goodall: Eternal Light
- Handel: Alexander’s Feast
- Britten: Rejoice in the Lamb
- Lauridsen: O magnum mysterium
- Paul Carr: Requiem for an Angel
- Franz Schubert: Magnificat and Mass in A♭
- Handel: Messiah
The Society has also built connections with the Josephine Baker Trust and the Countess of Munster Musical Trust, both of which give financial support to young professional soloists. As a result many such soloists have been engaged by the Society for concerts in recent years, to much acclaim. The Society is affiliated to the National Federation of Music Societies (now known as Making Music).